CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

There & back again...a Hobbits tale




ok so I'm not reaaaally a Hobbit..but it just fit! ~ lol~

Anywho so we're back from the land of ice & snow...YUCK it was cold .. I have to say I would NEVER want to live somewhere that just going for a walk is not a given!

I tried to make sure that we got out at least some part of all the days we were there.
The one day was pretty mild - Jamie & I took everyone on a good 6 k walk to get a coffee.. found a reallly cute little cafe , bought the kids a treat for being so good about walkin & thinking we were going Nowhere... ( yea we're bad for teasing them..but it's kinda fun :P
but DAMN the one day that it dipped to -9 & add in the wind factor *BRRRRRRR*

I bundled up the kids & the baby & the dog ..yea we were a sight! --me , the dog,two kids bundled right up including badly fitting mis-matched borrowed toques.. baby in stroller with only his eyeballs showing ....looking at me like "Auntie...I thought you LIKED me?!" but damn it I was going to get a WALK in !

The 2 days we hit the West Edmonton Mall were better... got TONNES of walking in .. that place is HUGE!!
& the day that Jamie & I took kids to the Waterpark in the Mall ( yes it is IN the Mall!) we got a serious leg work out climbing up the stairs to do the water slides --Over & over & over again! Gotta love kids eh?
ahhh, who am I kidding ..we're just as bad!

So I never did get a proper workout in while we were gone...
Somehow 14 month olds just don't allow for that in the scheduling! ... but lifting 27lbs of him around all the time plus all the rest ...well I don't feel too bad. ;)

The eating could have been better.. but I'm blaming my sister & I both dealing with TOM at the same time talk about being co-dependant! ~lol~...( & no not you Tom if you see this! ~lol~) So now I'm home & Remarkably I am more than ready to get back to eating healthy & my workouts ! Yep-it's back to the real world-- just as soon as I climb out from under this pile of laundry!

10 comments:

Irene said...

As always, you have the best family pictures! Brrrrr, -9 and probably some sort of windchill factor! The baby is just so cute! I just wanna pinch his cheekes!

Glad to hear you had a good time and made it back safe.

FV Tom said...

9 below? Humans aren't supposed to live where it's 9 below. They certainly shouldb't visit places that are 9 below.

Glad you had a good trip.

chantal2bfit said...

Welcome back! -9 temp?!? I don't think I'd leave my house!

Janel said...

HA! I'm from the land of Northern Minnesota where -9 is like a summer breeze....we like -40, baby!! JUST KIDDING that is very cold, no thanks, I'll take my 80 degree AZ winters, thankyouverymuch.

I'd LOVE to go to the W. Edmonton mall. I've been to Mall of America, which was cool, but W. Ed blows it out of the water, I'm sure! Glad your back and ready toget on track! :D

Anonymous said...

YAY! You're back and ready to kick some royal booty with me!!! Let's do this woman!

So glad you had a good time, albeit a very brrrrr - cold time.

LOVE the pictures.

Donna said...

Welcome Back!!! And brrrrr on those temps. I love the pictures. My kids would love an indoor water park. I guess there is one in NY now, not too, too far away, maybe we'll try that someday.

Laurie said...

Damn I don't know how you Canadians do it! Good job on the walking!

KatieFeldmom said...

Welcome Home!
Icky on the -9.
That's too damn cold to do anything.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!! Sounds like you had a wonderful, if chilly, time. You have a BEAUTIFUL family.

Jen said...

I'm cold just reading your post LOL! Did you see Santa and his reindeer? Sounds like the North Pole to me...