In a moment of what must have been masochistic self destruction ....I decided that right about now (while TOM is still not quite getting the hint to Move ON!)
...& I'm been having nightly arguments as to whether to help me settle for sleep "just a bit of chocolate ( yea I'm back to the pure dark baking kind again)
is reaaaaaly an Awesome time to take a chance at work & WEIGH my self.
...BAD idea is all I'm saying... things do NOT look any improved...
& to be very honest I am panicking here gang... I have to do something drastically different & STAY doing it if I'm gonna peal off these extra lbs that followed me home from Holiday... & through Christmas have seemed to have settled in REAL well...
It's all just doiin my head in!..& I'm scared I can't fix this mess I've made..& it's adding to the feeling of being sucked into the vortex of depression that I've been fighting...
I need something - ANYTHING- a kick the Ass , a personal trainer to tell me what I should be doin.. Somethin real that is goin to work for Me - , & a boogeyman to come visit me after work.... so I don't start eating stupid mindless things at midnght becasue I'm lonely ...
K nuff blither for now ... I'll probably delete this any who...
anyone got a real good stapler for my mouth - that might help eh ?
Friday, February 23, 2007
Why.. why.. why do we do it??
Posted by Pamela at 12:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
We do it because we're human, darn it. I know it's hard when what you want is one direction, and your actions seem to have you running full tilt in the opposite direction. Sometimes what it takes is to do something -- anything -- that moves you towards what you want. Maybe you eat dark chocolate AND eat veggies (but don't alternate bites -- that would be icky and wreck the d.c. experience). Maybe you watch The Secret and start defining and then acting like the person you most want to become. Maybe you do hire a trainer for the accountability.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that even in the midst of what seems completely out of control, DO SOMETHING THAT MOVES YOU CLOSER TO WHAT YOU WANT!
If you want to "talk" directly, I'm at lgandy"at"starstream"dot"net.
Hugs...
Ditto what leslie said. She puts everything so much more eloquently that I can say it.
Thinking of you and hoping you have a great weekend.
Oh Pamela, sorry you're having a rough time of it right now. I too like what Leslie said. Just watching the Oprah about The Secret was mind-changing for me, I'm waiting to watch the DVD, my friend has ordered it and I get to watch too. I hired Tony when I realized that I had ceased to provide my own motivation for change - I realize that not everyone can do that, but you need to realize the problem and come up with a solution (not a staple gun!!!) maybe one of us as a challenge buddy to keep tabs on your and be on your speed dial when your feeling weak.
BTW, thanks for the offer of the gloves - wish I'd known!
Try this for motivation: every morning, take a few minutes to picture yourself as you want to be. Tell yourself "I am fit, strong and at my perfect weight." You will find after a while that you gravitate towards whatever it is you need to get to your goal.
Your blog is so fun to read though...no matter what you're talking about.
Don't beat yourself up too bad. It will soon pass and you will feel better.We all go through this.
I think a PT can be of some help because I know I cannot cheat because I have to give measurements every week and he would know I cheated. I do feel a lot of pressure though and it is really hard and the cost is a factor. BFL has the same concepts and it works too and you already know what to do on that.
I hear it is beautiful where you are at so maybe I will come and give you a big swift kick in the A$$
Hey girl...first off, ditto everyone here, they are wise beings!! Second, do you visualize at all?? I have found that INVALUABLE to me. #1 though girl, do not be so hard on yourself...I know, easier said than done, but at least you know I think you rock no matter what.
Okay, I haven't read the other comments. I see the names and am sure they have great things to say...wonderful people. :-) All I have to say is guuuuuurrrrrrrrllllll...you've read my blog. I'm gonna PM ya at blends and give you my number. We'll get through this I promise. It might take everyone, but we'll get through.
WOW great advice here. I really can't add anything earth shattering...so I guess I'll just hope you know that I hear ya and have been there way too manytimes. I finally crawled out of my hole and started a new challenge. I have been visualizing myself and how I will look in 12 weeks and that is a lot more fun than reality! hee hee I will make it work!! Call me anytime girlie!!
Hey there. Just stopping by to say hello. Hope you're doing better and TOM is gone! I did two months of Nutrisystem and lost 10 lbs. It was just enough to get me motivated and jumpstarted. Maybe you should do something similar? Something to jumpstart you?
Nothing more to add either, just know that you have my support and love. I'm here sending ~~~good vibes~~~ your way!
You gotta want it.
Quit your whining and buck up.
:P
Post a Comment