CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 21, 2006

Ok.. Big breath..

I'm gonna write this out .. Unfortunately it won't change a thing ..& really wonder if I'm just dragging everyone down into my funk by doing this.. I'm rarely one to write about to much of the 'serious" stuff in my world - because somewhere in my brain I have been taught to "keep those things to myself" that by blabbing about them I'm looking for "oh poor you" that is "selfish" or not "proper"..Great stuff the hard wiring from our upbringing eh?

Ok enough stalling- as I told Suze the other day on the phone when she had the misfortune to ask me "how things are" Do you really wanna know? For you in Blogland.. If not- wander off now - Go find something "cheery" to read!

In the past week in my world a series of things have happened.. One of the girls I work with who has a 5 yr old & has been trying since just told us a week ago that she's Pregnant... Well not anymore. I can't even imagine her pain...
The same day I learned that --I learned that one of the older ladies that works in our dietary ( you know those cute little bustling cheery round ladies) well I had seen her Wednesday serving out the dinner for our pts & apparently Thursday on her days off she had an aneurysm burst & by Friday she was gone.

then to top it off ... Some of you might remember me blogging about a friend of mine I call "Mother May " or "Auntie May".. She was diagnosed with Lung Cancer just mere months ago... Well I got a call from her son while I was at work Mon night & he told me she was in the Hospital & Not doing well- that they had to have her back in there just to manage her pain ; that they had found it was in her bones & they were checking to see if it had traveled to her brain.
So I called one of the other girls I work with & we set up plans to go in & see her
Wed AM.... Paul called me back Tues eve to say she had just died.
Yea just a bit much all at once....
I guess All I can say what has been expressed out here in Blogland by others in times like this.. Hugs your kids, your family & friends . & simply try to enjoy this precious gift we have of "life"

14 comments:

FV Tom said...

So sorry to hear about all of this. Our thoughts and prayers are with those families and with you.

Kimberly said...

I was trained the same way you were- "keep your problems to yourself because your job is to support others." Personally, I'm glad you shared. If anything, your post reminded me to appreciate having those I love in my life because you never know when they will be taken away. Very uplifting and sobering. Thanks.

Donna said...

So sorry to hear about all of that. I can't imagine what you must be going through. I will hug everyone I love a little tighter tonight.

Rachel said...

Oh, Pamela, I’m so sorry to hear the sad news. Believe it or not, I was just thinking of Mother May a few days ago… your post about her really touched my heart.

Hang in there, sweetie. You’ll be in my thoughts.

xo, Rachel

Stef said...

P~
I am sorry we weren't able to talk tonight, but I will call tomorrow. I feel for you right now. Just know that you have a friend in Ohio thinking of you!

Stef :-)

Wolfie said...

Oh man, I'm sorry you're going through all of this, and I know you're thinking of their families as well. My heart and prayers go out to all.

Mari said...

Hey Sweetie I am sending you lots of hugs. When it rains it pours and it can't rain all the time. Hope your sadness eases soon. Wish I could help or take it away some how.
I like knowing when my friends are sad. Thank you for sharing.
oxox

havlow said...

Wow that's a lot at once and I understand why you felt like you were going to burst. I agree with Dub that it hurts worse when there are so many of those events happening at once, since one of them is devastating enough. I'm really sorry :(

Hypertrophy said...

Big hug Pam.

Lori said...

DANG, that's alot to deal with at once. Hang in there. Sorry to hear of all this.

Lori

Tracey said...

That is some terrible news and yes it is a hard pill to swallow. Of course you should share the news in your life - good or bad. Very sorry to hear this.

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, I am sending big hugs your way. I am so sorry for all of your recent losses. Yes..you said it...hug your loved ones, and don't be shy to tell people you care. Life is short....Thanks for the reminder, and try to smile. I know your life is difficult right now..but remember the moments you had with all of your friends, and remember that you are ALL so blessed to have known each other. Bless you girl....sending hugs your way. Love you, Dede

Alex Trenoweth said...

xxxx

So sorry to hear hear this!!

XXXXXXXX

Christie said...

Pamela...
(((hug)))
I am very sorry.