I'll start this by saying I had a fantastic LBWO this morning & felt all fit & wonderful! :)
Then I'm gonna get all weird & say stuff that might leave some thinking I'm a toon!... LOL!
Well for starters I believe that everyone is entitled to whatever system of beliefs & thoughts that they wish... & that frankly -I think without something to believe in we as humans are pretty lost... ok enough of that train of thought or I'm gonna end up speculating on the way our poor world is going.. & that's a BIG topic.. & not what I'm mainly thinking about..
Unfourtunately my brain at any given time is going in about eight different directions! ( ya I know I work at a mental institution.. but I HAVE the keys!- LOL) Maybe it has something to do with being a Gemini! I dunno! LOL..
OK back to the original thought .. last night we had a chance to have a quiet night with the kids.. unusual 'cause most nights theres LOTs of activities going on or I'm off being the nursey-mommy.. anywho.. Steven (who's 7) was saying that he was having a hard time breathing after hearing a commercial about a baby crying bec, it's mom had been hit by a drunk driver.. anyone who's seen it knows what I'm talking about it's by MADD & it's really disturbing but very effective..
So I sat down with stevie on the stairs & talked with him.. & said the usual things that "Mommy isn't going anywhere & I'm not gonna die for a long time".. he seemed ok after that but at bed time he was clingy again& saying .." I'm just worried about you Mommy..."
When I went to bed I had the same oppressive - can't breath feeling.. but for me it's not new.. just not always helpful.. it generally happens when "something" is going to happen... ( ok this is where you're free to think I'm weird.. no worries.. )
But through my life this has happened & I've learned in the past severaly yrs to finally "listen" to what "they" - the powers that be/God/Gods whatever you wanna call it .. are trying to tell me. Although I wish it was clearer.. 'cause half the time I have no idea what the heck I'm supposed to do about any of it! -- especially when I get all fribbed out & it turns out to be something on a world level... gee ya I can do anything about that!
Anywho.. the lucky part is that I'm now with someone who not only can I talk to about all this ..but who can relate.. ( the REALLY good part about finally finding the "other half of me.."!)
So Jamie & I talked about both of us feeling "strange" like something not good was underway..
but again what do you do.. try to sleep & convince yourself it's just indigestion...LOL!
This morning Steven was himself pretty much .. but sighing alot.. so I asked him how he felt .. he said it he felt like breathing was hard .. now regarless of beliefs I'm a nurse & mother first ..so I always check the basics & no- everything physical seemed fine.. but my instict alarm bells were ringing .. so I suggested that we do some Good breathing on the way to school... a bit of meditation while walking thru our forest path to school seemed like a good idea :)
Well needless to say .. he went to school, Jamie went to work & me to the Gym.. but instead of going off shopping to Lougheed Mall by myself afterwards I called Jamie & asked him to meet me for lunch cause it just seemed like a better idea to be with him if I was feeling "off"...
So lunch was great & I even dragged him into Michael's --a craft store to find garland yay!
well on the way home he called me on my cell .. & sounded funny... he said "I'm Glad you didn't go to Lougheed Mall.." I said" Uh Huh.. I enjoyed being with you too honey! " He said NO....
I mean I'm Glad you weren't there.. that we weren't there.. there was someone with a gun there.. there were shots fired...!!!
WHOA this is Canada.. these things don't happen here.. well not out side of the "BIG" city..
So maybe .. I think just maybe .. this is what we were all "feeling" .. who knows right?? .. maybe it's all coinciedence.. but me ..I dunno
I think I'll just take a momment tonight to send up a quiet "thanks" to whoever is watching over me & mine....
Take care all...
G'night
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Posted by Pamela at 6:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Heck yeah! give some thanks!
My mom has always been one of those people who 'knows things' and we've gotten used to it over the years. I think a lot of people probably get 'told' just not a lot of them listen :)
Glad you and your family are alright.
Lala I think you totally have it! I am at the point now where, like yesterday I drove straight instead of turning where I was supposed to and it made for a LONG detour, but I did't get upset because i just said to myself, Ya know...Mabye if i would have been going the other way I would've got in a wreck, or pulled over, who knows?? Mabye I was being protected! It really takes the stress out of those situations. I believe we sould ALWAYS do what we feel, even if there is NO logic in it whatsoever!!
OK sorry to be a blog hog....:)
Yep it's kinda one of those things.. one you don't always talk about..
Funny you should mention the "dead people" Suzanne.. 'cause that's part of my world too..
--one day I'm gonna have to find someone who can show me how to properly chanel all this to do some good with it.. ooops maybeI shouldn't say "chanel" --then people think you're REALLY weird ! LOL..;)
Pamela,
Have you ever read "The World According to Garp"? There's a couple in the story (Garp and his wife) who refer to "the undertow" when they get that feeling something bad is going to happen. Their young son translates this to "the undertoad," as if it's a living being.
You felt the Undertoad. And good thing, too!
I so understand those feelings. It doesn't happen to me often (once in awhile), but have a few friends that it happens to all the time. I just say thanks to it all.
Post a Comment